GET STARTED TODAY -- FREE!
At Children's Book Insider, we've been helping regular folks get started writing children's books for more than two decades.
Now, for the first time, we're giving away the simple method that has helped countless authors get published!
Get Your FREE copy now - no strings attached!
Children's Book Insider + The CBI Clubhouse Member's Only Site! Click Here!
DO'S & DON'TS
Want to greatly improve your chances of being published? Then listen up!
- Learn the market. Spend lots of time in your local bookstore and library, reading through current bestsellers. Try to discover what they have in common, and how they differ from the books of your childhood.
- Perfect your craft. Before worrying about seeing your name in print, really learn how to write. Take courses, read "how-to" books, join a writing group, and so on. Master dialogue, characterization and plot. Write for the sake of writing, and enjoy the journey -- you'll have plenty of time to chase a publishing contract later.
- Focus your attention on "hot" areas in children's publishing. Publishers continue to look for multicultural stories, nonfiction for all ages, horror stories and easy readers.
- Request publisher guidelines and catalogs before submitting your work to a publisher. Study these to make sure your work is what the publisher is currently seeking.
- Learn to write a crisp, upbeat query letter that will grab the attention of a harried editor.
- Be persistent. Success as a writer rarely comes easily or quickly. Don't get discouraged by rejection...just keep writing!
Click Here To Return To Our Home Page
Children's Book Writing Supersite Sitemap
Questions & Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2013, Children's Book Insider, LLC